Arthur is a solicitor specialising in corporate law.
He has been practising law for over 30 years and has practiced
abroad. He is also a notary public.
He specialises in mergers and acquisitions, banking law,
corporate finance including private equity, AIM listings, corporate
restructuring and corporate insolvency.
He has acted on acquisitions in a variety of sectors including
retail, pharmaceuticals, high-tech, IT, oil and gas, financial
services, media and the hospitality industry.
Arthur has developed a vibrant international practice and has
acted for a number of brand named English, American, Japanese and
Indian companies. He is practised in cross-border
He holds a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree and
sits on the board of various companies. He is a Member of the
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb) and a member of the
Association of Business Recovery Professionals (R3) and a member of
the Notaries Society.
Arthur's deals include:
- Acted for Vendor in £330 million cross border sale of
- Acted for a number of investors and developers in several
multi-million pound property deals
- Acted for Vendor in multi-million pound MBO of F1 racing
- Acted for Japanese Company in restructuring of its UK and
- Acted for Vendors in a group company consisting of a Swiss
company and a Nigerian company in a multi-million sale of shares to
a US company in the oil and gas sector
- Acted for Indian Pharmaceutical company in £multi-million
acquisition of UK pharmaceutical company
- Acted for Indian cinema company in acquisition of majority
stake in UK cinema chain
- Acted for Vendors in £multi-million pound acquisition of group
comprising US, UK and Indian companies
- Acted for Vendors in sale of issued share capital of IT company
to Swedish company
- Acted for US-based pharmaceutical company in acquisition of a
UK company specialising in clinical trials
- Acted for Vendors in £20million sale of shares in a
communications group to a US company
- Acted for Purchasers in £multi-million purchase of
international subsidiary of high-tech company (microwave
- Acted for Indian steel company in setting up a company in
Georgia and dealing with international bank funding for set-up
- Acted for Vendors in £10million sale of shares in financial
consulting company to US company
- Acted for developer in £multi-million joint venture property
development, involving off-shore vehicles.
- Acted for Vendor in £26.5 million sale of Shares in
off-shore Company with a 25-property portfolio
- Acted for a consortium of Japanese companies in a
£multi-million acquisition of shares in a joint venture company in
the automotive sector
- Acted for a large international design company in multi-million
pound design agreement for a Hotel consortium in Hungary
- Advised a number of international brand name Japanese companies
on various matters, including restructuring, acquisitions and a
variety of commercial agreement
- Acted for Buyer in a £80M acquisition of shares an SPV whose
single asset was a five star London Hotel
- Acts for Administrators/Liquidators and buyers in numerous
sales and purchases of businesses out of
- Advised a number of clients on listings on the junior stock
Arthur has supported the Business, Commercial & Company team
in dealing with the property aspects of their transactions
Enjoys chess, cricket, languages and politics.
French and Portuguese.