Gary's practice focuses on property disputes for landowners,
landlords and leaseholders. He acts extensively in disputes about
land ownership and Trusts of Land. He deals with a wide range of
landlord and tenant matters including statutory lease extensions,
collective freehold purchase and 'Right to Manage'.
He also advises developers and investors as to pre-emption
rights under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 and in particular how
to avoid them...!
Gary's recent cases include:
- Acting for a charity in respect of a claim for specific
performance of a property sale contract.
- Acting for an offshore trust in a matrimonial dispute relating
to the beneficial ownership of UK properties.
- Advising an occupier in respect of Adverse Possession of land
in Notting Hill
- Advising a group of lessees about unreasonably high block
- Advising residents of a gated community with regards to a claim
by the local authority to reinstate a Right of Way through their
- Acting for a group of lessees in respect of a heavily contested
right to manage application
- Re Easy Letting & Leasing Ltd  EWHC 3175 (Morgan J.)
Application to restrain the advertisement of a winding-up petition;
approach the Court should take where allegation that debt is bona
fide disputed on substantial grounds.
Website Updates and Articles:
Commercial tenant holding over does not acquire 1954 Act rights
Game Changer for Commercial Rents Tenancy deposit update: Post
Gary is a member of these professional associations:
AlepLogo16cmCol PLA logo
Watching sport, spending time with his family