Georgina is a Solicitor with nearly 30 years experience in
advising substantial businesses on complex legal issues and
providing strategic and commercial solutions. She has established
and led teams of solicitors in the business sector having
significant experience in every aspect of commercial transactions.
Her experience includes mergers and acquisitions, re-structuring
and insolvency. She has also advised businesses with regard to a
wealth of contentious and non-contentious employment issues.
Georgina has built up a reputation for her clear thinking
commercial acumen and effective commercial solutions. The Legal 500
being the world's leading independent authority on legal service
providers describes Georgina as "very strategic in her thinking and
She has acted for a number of companies with household names and
has specific experience in the banking, catering, construction,
data, estate agency, fit out, food, property development and
investment, retail, roofing sectors as well as acting for
professionals such as accountants, fund managers and investors.
Her experience includes:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Governance
- Shareholders' Agreements
- Franchise Agreements
- Terms and Conditions of Business
- Licensing Agreements and numerous other Commercial
- Contentious and Non-Contentious Employment matters including
Contracts of Employment and Service Agreements and dealing with
variety of complex Tribunal claims including Unfair Dismissal,
Discrimination Claims and TUPE.
Georgina also has experience in all aspects of corporate
recovery work including administrations, liquidations,
receiverships, company voluntary arrangements (CVA's), individual
voluntary arrangements (IVA's) and bankruptcy.
Advising insolvency practitioners as to the validity of their
appointment and other legal compliance issues as well as acting for
insolvency practitioners in selling businesses, tracing, pursuing
actions against directors such as preferences, wrongful trading and
other misfeasance actions. She also has extensive experience in
dealing with directors' disqualification claims and assisting them
in their capacity as shareholders with winding up petitions and
unfair prejudice claims.
Her experience includes :
- Acted for a multi million pound retail household name in
relation to corporate re-structuring and re-financing.
- Acted for the directors and shareholders of a well known chain
of restaurants in a multi million pound minority shareholder
- Acted for a national construction company with regard to over
700 TUPE highly complex claims valued at £17M.
- Acted for a high net worth individual with regard to a multi
jurisdictional matter for claims in excess of US USD150M and
counterclaim of USD48M.
- Acted for private banks in relation to significant bonus
- Acted for financial institutions with regard to team lifts of
talent to and from competitors.
- Acted for a number of estate agents in relation to the sale and
purchase of businesses.
- Acted for a number of insolvency practitioners in the sale of
assets in varying sectors including pharmaceutical and
- Advised numerous companies on various matters including
re-structuring, acquisitions and a variety of commercial
- Acted for a South African investor in relation to an
acquisition in the UK.
- Acted for a US company in an acquisition of a UK business
specialising in airport security devices.
- Acted for numerous companies in exiting senior executive and
negotiating substantial packages.
- Acting for a leading construction and regeneration group with a
turnover of over £3 billion in significant employment matters.
- Acted for numerous SME's in relation to sale and purchase of
businesses and shares.
- Acted for a Trustee of a Charity in relation to investigations
by the Charity Commission.
Eating out, mountain biking and squash